Get the latest scoops, news and rumors as the free agency market enters the home stretch and teams gear up for spring training.
The hot stove is heating up with rumors of teams making offers to the biggest free agents on the market.
Bryce Harper and Manny Machado are still unsigned, and with spring training underway and the regular season beginning in about four weeks, teams are still struggling to set their rosters as there are still quality free agents still waiting to ink deals.
Here are all the latest rumors and news around baseball:
• The White Sox remain as a strong factor along with the Padres for Manny Machado. He's the first choice for both teams, in addition to the Phillies. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Padres reportedly offered Manny Machado eight years and at least $250 million, while offering Harper an even larger deal. (Buster Olney, ESPN.com)
• The Bryce Harper sweepstakes could last "several more days", with the Giants, Padres, White Sox and Nationals joining the Phillies as potential suitors. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• Mike Trout and the Angels have engaged in internal discussions regarding a potential contract extension. (Associated Press)
• Red Sox chairman Tom Werner said that it's "extremely unlikely" that Boston re-signs closer Craig Kimbrel. (Pete Abraham, The Boston Globe)
• Boston is expected to engage both SP Chris Sale and SS Xander Bogaerts in contract extension discussions. (Pete Abraham, The Boston Globe)
• Free-agent third baseman Mike Moustakas is re-signing with the Milwaukee Brewers on a one-year, $10 million deal, The deal includes a mutual option for a second year. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Rockies OF Charlie Blackmon is expected to move to right field after playing in center field in 2018. Ian Desmond is expected to take over in center. (Associated Press)
• Mike Moustakas will attempt to play second base for the Brewers in spring training. (Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
• Talks surrounding star free agent outfielder Bryce Harper are "heating up." The Philadelphia Phillies are favorites to land Harper. He is expected to agree to a long-term deal. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• Oakland Athletics slugger Khris Davis says he wants to stay with the team and is looking to sign a contract extension. (Jane Lee, MLB.com)
• Manny Machado is expected to take top dollar on the free-agent market despite rumors he prefers to play on the East Coast. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)