Keep up with the latest MLB rumors leading up to the trade deadline on July 31.
The MLB trade deadline is now less than a week away, and the rumors around who will be staying and going are heating up.
Though no blockbuster deals have taken place yet, many teams, including the Blue Jays and Tigers appear to be sellers at the point. Several clubs are scouring those teams looking for starters and bullpen help.
Expect playoff contenders to be active up until the 4 p.m. trade deadline on July 21, trying to solidify or keep their leads in division races.
There is no waiver trade deadline this season so teams need to finalize their plans moving forward before then.
Here is the latest roundup of news and rumors from around the league.
• The Mets are 'definitely' trading Noah Syndergaard before the trade deadline. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• Yankees GM Brian Cashman said he's engaged in trade talks with every team but the Red Sox. (Erik Boland, Newsday Sports)
• The Twins are among teams interested in Marlins reliever Sergio Romo. (Craig Mish, FNTSY Radio)
• The Giants traded pitcher Derek Holland with cash considerations to the Cubs in exchange for cash considerations. (Team announcement)
• The Royals could be getting closer to trading reliever Jake Diekman. The Dodgers and Braves are believed to be showing serious interest in the lefty. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Nationals are showing interest in Tigers closer Shane Greene and White Sox closer Alex Colome. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Cubs are among teams interested in Diamondbacks outfielder Jarrod Dyson. However, Arizona is not yet a "committed seller." (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• The Astros, Brewers, Yankees are among teams interested in Diamondbacks closer Robbie Ray. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• The Blue Jays have told interested teams that they might not trade pitcher Marcus Stroman but extend him. (Andy Martino, Sportsnet New York)
• The asking price is high for Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard, probably requiring a top prospect and other pieces in return. The Dodgers are among the teams interested. (Marc Craig, The Athletic)
• Blue Jays reliever Daniel Hudson, as well as Stroman and reliever Ken Giles, are on the radar of the Twins. (Jon Morosi, MLB.com)
• The Giants are unlikely to trade Madison Bumgarner. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• Troy Tulowitzki announced his retirement from the Yankees on Thursday. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Mets are fully intent on dealing Syndergaard before the trade deadline. "It's beyond listening," one source said. "They want to move him." (Buster Olney, ESPN)