Name: Lauren PomponioSchool: University of MiamiBirth Date: 3/16/1986Hometown: Tampa, FloridaYear: SeniorMajor: Criminology and Business Law
1. I love the University of Miami, but I almost went to: I actually didn't have a second option. I only applied to UM and USF (our college in Tampa). I have always known I wanted to live in Miami and attend the University of Miami.
2. My favorite class is: Any of my business law classes. The classes have taught me to be a critical thinker and will give me a head start for law school.
3. Movies I can't live without: I don't have enough patience to watch movies more than once, but the one movie I have seen several times and absolutely love is Breakfast at Tiffany's.
4. Music I can't live without: Rascal Flatts and anything Country.
5. TV shows I can't live without: Anything on the Food Network, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, and Take Home Chef.
6. One misconception about cheerleaders: That we aren't athletes. I think a lot of people underestimate how much it takes physically and mentally to be a cheerleader. Our season is the longest of any sport. It begins in August and ends in April. We practice several times a week, and our practices are strenuous. It is a major commitment and must come before everything at school except academics.
7. My favorite sport is: Cheerleading! Second would be college football.
8. My favorite professional sports teams are: I like college sports so much better than pro, but I support all of the Florida teams: Heat, Panthers, Marlins, Bucs and Dolphins.
9. My one Guilty Pleasure is: I have three: CVS, Nordstrom's and Disney World.
10. My best physical feature: My friends tell me that I have nice abs.
11. Strange and unusual fact about me: I am allergic to tuna. I'm not sure how common that is, but it is fairly strange.
12. My friends would be surprised to know that I: Used to pole-vault in high school.
13. Favorite Foods: I love Italian and Cuban food plus anything my mom or grandmother cooks. I am also crazy about Haagen-Dazs crème brulee ice cream.
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie, Princess Diana, Lucille Ball, Audrey Hepburn
15. Three People who annoy me: Sandra Lee from the Food Network. Her show is the only one I don't like on the network and it is always on when I come home for lunch. Geraldo Rivera and Florida State fans.
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: I don't see anything in my life as a risk, but as an opportunity to achieve my goals.
17. Typical Day: I wake up at 8 a.m. and watch Good Morning America. I go to classes and then head to work at a law firm downtown. After work I study until practice. When practice ends I go home and cook dinner (I am a great cook), hang out with my boyfriend or friends, study, and go to sleep around 11 p.m.
18. I think facial hair on guys is: Some guys can pull it off, but there are very few.
19. If I won the lottery, the first thing I'd buy is: I would pay back my parents for my UM education and then give a big donation to Miami Children's Hospital.
20. Describe the worst date you ever went on: I don't think I have ever been on a really horrible egregious date because I get to know the guy as a friend before it is an official date. I always know what I am getting into and I am an expert in self defense.
You May Like
More More Sports
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!