The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Los Angeles Clippers lost their second game of the season on Wednesday night, falling 111-107 to the Memphis Grizzlies. Off the court, several teams are dealing with injuries to key players a few weeks into the season, and others are already looking ahead to the trade deadline and to free agency in the offseason.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Oklahoma City Thunder are still looking to acquire Rudy Gay from the Sacramento Kings, reports ESPN's Zach Lowe. The two sides had a deal in place that would've sent Gay to OKC this summer, but the deal fell through when Thunder backup point guard Cameron Payne suffered a broken foot.
• Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin has given no indication that he wants to sign with the Thunder in free agency, reports Lowe. The Thunder have made Griffin, an Oklahoma City native, their top target in the offseason.
• The Phoenix Suns are not looking to trade point guard Brandon Knight, reports Kevin Zimmerman of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
• Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors has a bone contusion in his left knee, the team announced. There is no date set for his return from the injury.
• Philadelphia 76ers center Nerlens Noel is returning to the team this week to continue rehabbing from offseason knee surgery, reports Derek Bodner of Philadelphia Magazine.
• Grizzlies forward Brandon Wright will miss two months with a left ankle injury, the team announced.
• NBA Hall of Famers Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom next week, the White House announced.