Check out the latest NBA free agency and trade rumors on Carmelo Anthony, Gordon Hayward, George Hill and more.
Free agency began at 12:01 a.m. last Saturday, ushering in the first day of the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The weekend kicked off with a bang when Paul George was traded to the Thunder and Stephen Curry and Blake Griffin agreed to new max contracts with their respective teams. Gordon Hayward has agreed to join the Celtics. Stars like Carmelo Anthony could still be on the move through trade.
Don't forget: Free agents can agree to deals but cannot sign contracts until July 6 at 12:01 p.m Eastern, when the NBA's moratorium period ends.
Check out the latest news and rumors from around the league.
• Andre Roberson has agreed to a new three-year deal worth $30 million with the Oklahoma City Thunder. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Boston Celtics have been shopping Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder & Avery Bradley in order to make room for Gordon Hayward. (Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Dion Waiters is finalizing a deal to return to the Heat. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Pacers waived Monta Ellis. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• The Clippers have discussed a potential Tony Allen sign-and-trade with the Grizzlies. (David Aldridge, TNT)
• Dion Waiters is narrowing down to a decision and considering the Heat, Knicks and Lakers. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Knicks have had conversations with free agent Rajon Rondo. (Michael Scotto, Basketball Insiders)
• Nick Young agreed to a one-year, $5.2 millon contract with the Warriors. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Serbian point guard Milos Teodosic is in talks with the Clippers. (Eurohoops.net)
• The Nets, Pacers, Jazz and Kings are in the hunt for Kelly Olynyk, who was let go by the Celtics. (Sam Amick, USA Today)
• One star who could potentially be traded is Marc Gasol, who could be a target for the Celtics as the Grizzlies consider a rebuild. (Chris Mannix, The Vertical)
• The Los Angeles Clippers agreed to a three-team deal to acquire free agent Danilo Gallinari on a 3-year, $65 million contract. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• In the same deal, Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, a 2018 first-round pick previously acquired from Houston and cash were sent to the Hawks and Atlanta sends a 2019 2nd-round pick it previously acquired from the Washington Wizards to the Denver Nuggets.
• Crawford is interested in a contract buyout or getting waived in Atlanta so that he can become a free agent. (Marc J. Spears, The Undefeated)
• JaVale McGee has a meeting set with the Clippers on Wednesday. It is also possible that McGee returns to the Warriors. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Jazz and free agent forward James Johnson have mutual interest. (Tony Jones, The Salt Lake Tribune}
• The Celtics have begun contacting teams about trading Marcus Smart. (Fred Katz, Norman Transcript)