In keeping with a timetable reported last week, Fox Sports reporter Jon Morosi tweeted that he was told on Tuesday that Reds closer Aroldis Chapman could return to the active roster this weekend for Cincinnati's home series with the Colorado Rockies.
On April 30, Chapman had reportedly been approximately 7-10 days away from returning, which puts his possible comeback against Colorado right on schedule. He is slated to move up to Triple-A Louisville on Tuesday after striking out three batters in two scoreless one-inning appearances for Class A Dayton.
During a spring training game on March 19 against the Royals, Chapman was struck in the face by a ball hit by Kansas City catcher Salvador Perez. The 26-year-old two-time All-Star suffered multiple fractures above his left eye and nose. He also sustained a concussion during the game.
Was told today Aroldis Chapman could return to Reds' active roster as early as this weekend. Remarkable progress. Great story.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) May 6, 2014