By 90Min
July 19, 2017

England international Joe Hart joined West Ham on loan for the season and the Hammers have the option to make the move permanent next summer. 

Manager Slaven Bilić has told the 30-year-old keeper that he is not guaranteed a place in the West Ham starting XI next season, however, he expects the Englishman to succeed in claret and blue.


Hart's future and Manchester City has been in doubt for some time. Following the signing of Claudio Bravo last summer, the Sky Blues added Brazilian goalkeeper Ederson to their ranks earlier in the transfer window. 


The Evening Standard has reported that Bilić is confident Hart can rediscover his best form with the Hammers following a poor season with Serie A side Torino. 

​​"I said a few days ago that we wanted to sign players who are going to improve our starting eleven," Bilić said. "But that doesn’t mean that they walk straight into the team.


"It means that they improve the level of competition for those places. That competition is crucial."

"Once we found out there was a possibility that Joe might be available, everyone agreed that it was a fantastic opportunity for us as a club," Bilić said. 


"He is the England number one, he has great experience but, at 30-years-old, he is still in his prime as a goalkeeper and can be at the top of his game in the next few years."

West Ham have agreed a club record fee of £24m to bring Austrian winger Marko Arnautović to London Stadium this summer. The Stoke City wide man is not the only target Bilić has his eye on, with Mexican forward Javier Hernández also on the clubs radar.

​​

You May Like