Floyd Mayweather defeats Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision

0:47 | Boxing
Floyd Mayweather defeats Manny Pacquiao in unanimous decision
Sunday May 3rd, 2015

Floyd Mayweather defeated Manny Pacquiao in their much anticipated fight Saturday in Las Vegas, unifying the world welterweight championship. 

Mayweather won by a 12-round unanimous decision. He was the betting favorite from the day the fight was announced. 

The judges' scores were 118-110, 116-112 and 116-112 in favor of Mayweather. 

With the win, Mayweather improved to 48–0 in his professional career. Both fighters are expected to take home more than $100 million, making the fight the richest in history. Mayweather takes home 60% of the purse and Pacquiao receives the other 40%. 

WATCH: Highlights from Mayweather's win over Pacquiao

Some of the discussion before fight centered around Mayweather's history of domestic violence. Mayweather has pleaded guilty or been found guilty in five domestic violence cases over the past 14 years.

For Pacquiao, the loss was the sixth of his career and the third in his last six fights. He lost his WBO welterweight title, giving Mayweather every major title in the weight class. 

- Dan Gartland


SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide—from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Andy Staples, Grant Wahl, and more—delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.