Today is ... National Barcode Day
- All Things Bama Podcast: Impact of Amari Niblack Decision, Huge Recruiting Weekend and Predicting Alabama's Breakout Stars in 2021
- In case you missed it: All Things CW: Why is Alabama Such A Hot Pick as Preseason No. 1?
Did you notice?
- Former Alabama Basketball player Armond Davis has signed with Aris Leeuwarden of the Dutch Basketball League:
- Alabama swimmer Matt King has entered the NCAA transfer portal.
- Congratulations to former Alabama golfer Lee Hodges and his wife Savannah:
- Herbert Jones talks shoes and fishing at the 2021 NBA Draft Combine:
- "It's always been a dream of mine to play in the NBA," Josh Primo told ESPN's Jay Bilas at the NBA Draft Combine. Sounds more and more like his mind is made up on whether to return to college or not.
Countdown to the Crimson Tide's 2021 opener:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
June 26, 1966: Bump Elliott, head coach at Michigan, and Jim MacKenzie, head coach at Oklahoma were added to the upcoming coaching clinic in Tuscaloosa, which promised to be one of the best ever. Already slated to talk were Notre Dame head coach Ara Parseghian and his top assistant John Ray. More than 500 coaches were expected to attend the August 1-4 clinic.
June 26, 1997: Legendary wide receiver Don Hutson, a former Alabama All-American, died in Rancho Mirage, Calif., at the age of 84. Twice named the NFL MVP, the eight-time All-Pro was considered to be the first modern receiver, and credited with creating many of the modern pass routes still used today.
Crimson Tide quote of the day
"Fluid in motion, wondrously elusive with the fake, inventive in his patterns and magnificently at ease when catching the ball ... Hutson and fellow Hall of Famer Millard "Dixie" Howell became football's most celebrated passing combination." — Don Hutson’s College Football Hall of Fame profile