’A complete guide for all of the essential gear you'll need for your next snowboarding adventure.
Sports Illustrated’s Gear Guide series will help get you ready for your favorite outdoor adventure—from snowboarding, trail running and surfing to camping and much more—with expert advice on all the gear you’ll need to get outside and start enjoying the great outdoors.
Although the snowboarding season is beginning to come to a close, there’s still plenty of time to hit the slopes for the ultimate outing. If you live on the East Coast, your prospects aren’t looking quite as good, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of mountains and resorts that are continually being packed with fake snow for your boarding pleasure well into March.
To take some of the guesswork out of getting the perfect snowboarding gear, we’ve compiled a list of the the most important categories you should be concerned with before you embark on your journey, as well as our favorite gear of the season for each category.
- Avalanche Transceiver | Cost: $299.95 | Available: backcountryaccess.com
- DMOS' The Stealth Shovel | Cost: $99 | Available: dmoscollective.com
- Mountainsmith Backpack | Cost: $69.95 | Available: mountainsmith.com
- SNOCRU Mobile Tracking App | Cost: Free | Available : snocru.com
- Honey Stinger Energy | Cost: $27/box | Available: honeystinger.com