Charles Barkley celebrates his 50th birthday today. Here are 12 things you might not know about the Hall of Fame hoopster and would-be politician turned award-winning broadcaster.
1. He hosted Saturday Night Live with Nirvana.
2. He once outrebounded the Phoenix Suns by himself.
3. He doesn't tweet.
4. He once punk'd Manute Bol (with an assist from Rick Mahorn).
5. He was featured in a 2008 freeware JRPG called Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. It was an unofficial sequel to Barkley's 1994 game for Super Nintendo and the 1996 film Space Jam.
6. When asked about the death threats aimed at the 1992 Dream Team, he described the blend of security and groupies at the team's hotel as: "Girl in bikini; dude with an Uzi; girl in bikini; guy with Uzi."
7. He won an Emmy and is thus 25 percent of the way to EGOT.
8. In a May 2006 interview with ESPN, he estimated that he'd lost about $10 million gambling over the years.
9. He once drew the passive-aggressive ire of San Antonio's mayor.