Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams reads mean tweets
Virginia Tech basketball coach Buzz Williams became the latest sports figure to confront the darkest reaches of Twitter in a Jimmy Kimmel-inspired "mean tweets" video.
The Hokies didn't go easy on Williams in their tweet-selection. Some of the tweets are really not nice.
Here are some highlights from the video, which you can watch below.
- Williams is confused about what "henchman" means in a comic book context
- He is very impressed (and uninsulted) by @Nobe_darrin's implication that he gargles with barbed wire
- He knows Charles Barkley well but is not "near as heavy" as the Round Mound of Rebound
- He enjoys Frank Caliendo imitations
- He reveals he does not know who Channing Tatum is
- He has been compared to Curly Howard of Three Stooges fame
- He has a sense of humor about his sometimes-eccentric tie selection
Here's the whole video:
- Alex Putterman