Rebecca Burger was killed by an exploding can of whipped cream that struck her chest.
A French fitness and lifestyle blogger died after a can of whipped cream exploded and struck her chest.
The family of Rebecca Burger announced on her social media pages that the blogger died on Sunday following what they called a “domestic accident.”
Authorities in France told the newspaper 20 Minutes that the 33-year-old suffered cardiac arrest in her home on Saturday. Firefighters were reportedly able to revive her heartbeat, but Burger died in the hospital the following day.
Burger’s family also released a photo of the type of device that malfunctioned on her Instagram page.
“Here is an example of a siphon that exploded and crashed into Rebecca’s chest, causing her death,” read the caption, translated from French by The Independent. “The siphon which caused her death was sealed. Don’t use this product in your homes! Tens of thousands of the faulty devices are already in circulation.”
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
Une belle journée s'achève ☀️💕 • Beaucoup de voyages à venir et de nouveaux projets. • Il m'arrive de me poser en ce moment et de réfléchir à tout ce que j'ai déjà accompli et ce que je m'apprête à vivre ... Je me dis alors que la vie est belle🍀 • Nous n'avons pas de crédit sur le temps donc profitons-en pleinement 💗 • Tenue: @womensbest.fr
Burger has 167,000 followers on Instagram and 50,000 fans on her Facebook page. She also created the blog Rebecca Likes, where she wrote about travel, style and other lifestyle topics.
A company that used Burger as a model paid tribute to her on Instagram. “We are sorry to announce the sad news of losing this beautiful soul,” said the post by Women’s Best. “Our french athlete Rebecca Burger (@RebeccaBlikes) passed away.”
We are sorry to announce the sad news of losing this beautiful soul. Our french athlete Rebecca Burger (@RebeccaBlikes) passed away. Rebecca was not only a great fitness figure but a generous and kind person to work with. Please pray for her soul to rest in peace and for her family to stay strong. We will always be proud of you Rebecca ❤
The manufacturer of the dispenser, Ard’time, said they recalled the product after first hearing of an incident in February 2013, USA Today reports.
According to the consumer magazine 60 Millions, two people were injured in 2014 by similar whipped cream canister dispensers in France.