Philly fans took over the Chargers stadium and Eagles players loved it.
1. Obviously, all thoughts today are with the people who were killed or injured in the Las Vegas shooting last night, along with the police and hospital workers and all other first responders. I have nothing profound or important to say after another tragedy like this, and everything that follows this item is completely frivolous and insignificant, but hopefully it can provide you with a little bit of a distraction from the madness going on today.
2. Thanks goodness the NFL made sure to stick TWO teams in Los Angeles, even though nobody there cares about football. One of the things you may have missed among all the action on Sunday was the Eagles-Chargers game in L.A. becoming a home game for Philadelphia. "LET'S GO EAGLES," bellowed throughout the game, the fans started a "DE-FENSE" chant when Philly needed a third-down stop and groaned anytime the Chargers did something positive.
After the Eagles came away with a 26-24 win, they added insult to injury by mocking the Chargers for their lack of homefield advantage.
Philly fans WE appreciate y'all! This was a home game, we was just on the beach!!!!— Jalen Mills (@greengoblin) October 2, 2017
Chargers owner Dean Spanos couldn't wait to high-tail it out of San Diego and this is what he gets. And, of course, Roger Goodell and the league were there to support the move. TNow they all have a full-fledged problem on their hands, because the scene at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., yesterday was embarrassing and sad.
3. Here is your weekly clip of Tony Romo predicting the future.
And here's Tony losing his mind over the best catch from Sunday's action.
4. Seems like he deserves this after hitting 59 home runs.
5. You really have to have no fear when you whip out your phone during a game while on Nick Saban's sideline.
6. We'd totally be down with Bradley Cooper playing Vince McMahon in the upcoming biopic about the lord of the WWE.
7. RANDOM WRESTLING VIDEO OF THE DAY: We missed the boat recently by not posting any vintage clips of Bobby Heenan with Gene Okerlund. We'll fix that right now.
The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts. And check Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board," on iTunes, SoundCloud and Stitcher.
BONUS ITEM: Expect a lot of points tonight between the Redskins and Chiefs. Over 49 would be a wise investment.