With Justin Timberlake performing at this year's Super Bowl, Janet Jackson fans are fuming about the NFL's hypocrisy.
1. The NFL confirmed Sunday that Justin Timberlake would be the halftime entertainment at this season's Super Bowl. As you all know, Timberlake performed at the game in 2004 and famously ripped off part of Janet Jackson's shirt to expose her right breast just while singing the line, "Gonna get you naked by the end of this song," from 'Rock Your Body.' (If you'd like to read about just how monumental this whole thing was, I strongly recommend this SI piece.) This caused a lot of problems for the NFL and CBS, which aired the game, but Timberlake is getting his second chance. This is not sitting well at all with Jackson fans, who feel like Janet is still getting treated unfairly for the controversial moment.
Many of those people haven taken to Twitter to voice their displeasure with Timberlake and The Shield.
I'm going to listen to Janet Jackson and Britney Spears during the Justin Timberlake Halftime show as an act of civil disobedience— Cardi Zombie (@muddymudskipper) October 23, 2017
the only way justin timberlake can do this half time show w/ any class is to have janet jackson up there too & let her be the queen she is.— matt nathanson (@mattnathanson) October 23, 2017
Unless Justin Timberlake starts his set by introducing Janet Jackson with an apology and then continues watching quietly while she does 12 minutes of her catalog solo, the Super Bowl can keep this halftime show.— Kira, the producer who banged David on RW Seattle (@RafiDAngelo) October 23, 2017
Janet Jackson better come out at half time, rip off Justin's jeans, and make his dick fly out. That's the only fair way to do it.— Kassie Smith (@heykasswhatsup) October 23, 2017
2. Joe Thomas's consecutive snaps streak came to end Sunday, but his sense of humor is still top notch.
The Geneva convention on torture (confinement, stress positions) was just violated when they wedged me into that MRI tube for 2 hrs. Yikes!— Joe Thomas (@joethomas73) October 23, 2017
3. The Lambeau Leap got a little too personal for Packers running back Aaron Jones yesterday.
4. You can tell that Tony Romo realized his bosses probably don't want him saying "pissed" on the air just as he started to say it.
5. This is what happens when you think you can get cute and mess with The Rock.
😂 👏🏾 I like the dry wit— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) October 22, 2017
Correct, I do in fact know wrestling isn’t real. Thats why I said “have fun”. I also know, you can go fuck yourself.
6. Cubs pitcher Jake Arrieta has gotten rid of his beard and he looks like a completely different person.
7. RANDOM WRESTLING VIDEO OF THE DAY: Welcome back, Kurt Angle.
The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts. And check Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast Off The Board on iTunes, SoundCloud and Stitcher.
BONUS ITEM: Yes, 49 is a lot of points, but I still like the over in tonight's Redskins-Eagles game.