Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had a laugh after winning a Razzie Award for his performance in "Baywatch."
1. A win is a win. That's the way The Rock handled Baywatch's Razzie Award win in the "The Razzie Nominee So Bad You Loved It" category over the weekend.
Humbly accepting the award via Instagram, Dwayne Johnson has a good laugh at his own expense, he said, "The movie was so bad they actually had to create another category. I'm not kidding. The new category is, "A movie so rotten, you eventually fell in love with it, which means the shit sandwich you have been eating is so bad, that you eventually started to like it. Look, we made Baywatch with the best of intentions. It didn't work out like that, but I humbly and graciously accept my Razzie and I thank you critics, thank you fans."
Just another example of why The Rock is the best.
2. CBS and Turner have released their broadcast teams for the NCAA Tournament. The big news is that for the first time in a long time, Verne Lundquist, who has already stepped away from calling college football, will be working the tourney. The New York Post reports that Verne, who had back surgery in November, will still work the Masters for CBS.
Jim Nantz /Bill Raftery /Grant Hill/Tracy Wolfson
Brian Anderson/Chris Webber/Lisa Byington
Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel/Allie LaForce
Kevin Harlan/ Reggie Miller/ Dan Bonner/ Dana Jacobson
Brad Nessler/Steve Lavin/Evan Washburn
Spero Dedes/Steve Smith/Len Elmore/Ros Gold-Onwude
Andrew Catalon/Steve Lappas/Jamie Erdahl
Carter Blackburn/Debbie Antonelli/John Schriffen
3. As I always say, the most disturbed people in sports are football coaches.
NFL assistant coach on Saquon Barkley: “I would punch myself in the nuts many, many, many times to be able to draft him.”— mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) March 4, 2018
4. This will be fascinating to watch if he goes through with it: Cubs pitcher Jon Lester, who has a mental block about throwing over to first base, said he may intentionally use a bounce throw to first while holding on runners this season.
Jon Lester on throwing error to first base . "We are working on the Pippen To Jordan bounce pass" Lester and fielding instructor Brian Butterfield are working online hop throw to first to combat throwing issues.— Bruce Levine (@MLBBruceLevine) March 4, 2018
5. A second trailer has been released for the upcoming Karate Kid reboot series, Cobra Kai.
6. Mets pitcher Jerry Blevins was kind enough for write a first-person piece for SI.com on why Field of Dreams is bad movie.
And, if you're interested in watching some other sports movies that aren't Field of Dreams, head over to SI TV, which offers some sports classics, documentaries and SI originals, on Amazon platforms.
7. RANDOM WRESTLING VIDEO OF THE DAY: Since we're in the middle of tax season, here's IRS giving you some helpful tips for getting things done by April 15.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And check out Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board."
IN CLOSING: Best thing about the Oscars was Macaulay Culkin dominating the night on Twitter.