The only memorable quotes this week have come from Rob Gronkowski and Camille Kostek.
1. If you're a blogger/sports writer/content provider, you can always rely on Rob Gronkowski to provide material. What's even better is that Gronk seems to have found the perfect partner, because his girlfriend, SI Swimsuit model Camille Kostek, has that similar trait.
While sports media organizations are busy interviewing the same 15-20 players who say nothing on radio row this week, Gronk and Camille have given us something important to chew on: Gronk likes to get tickled. And according to Camille, the triceps are the key area.
The key here isn't that the 6-foot-6, 265-pound Rob Gronkowski likes getting tickled. It's that being pro tickling is the hill he's willing to die on.
If anyone else said, "If you say you don't like it, you're crazy," about getting tickled, you'd think THEY were crazy, but Gronk can get away with this quote.
Speaking of quotes, I plan on betting a hefty amount on over 3.5 catches for Gronk in the Super Bowl, so I'd like to make a plea to Camille to make sure Gronk gets his rest this week.
2. This is a stunning piece of footage. It starts out with Bill Belichick being his typical no-personality self, but then something happens and he actually becomes a human being.
3. If you're a new bettor now that it's legal in some states, just remember: You will not win.
Nevada sports books won a record $301 million from bettors in 2018 (and a 20% increase from 2017) with $102.4 million coming on football (#CFB & #NFL are combined) and $99.6 million on basketball (again, #CBB & #NBA combined) and $47.1 million on baseball @VSiNLive— Dave Tuley (@ViewFromVegas) January 31, 2019
4. The Bachelor and former Chargers linebacker Colton Underwood has undergone quite the transformation over the years.
5. The Super Bowl hasn't been played yet, but the conspiracy theories about referee John Parry are already being discussed. My colleague Jonathan Jones has a sensible column about this, so check that out and then read some of the tweets from the crazies out there.
John Parry, referee for the #SuperBowl, was born in Indiana and is a resident of Ohio.— Darth Blount 47 (@DarthBlount47) January 22, 2019
Since he became a Ref in 2007, the New England #Patriots are 9-5 in his games. Including a Super Bowl loss in 2012 to the NY #Giants
But the St.Louis/#LARams are a WHOPPING 7-0 in his games! pic.twitter.com/9HhYHbBpMi
ALLOW YOUR READERS TO KNOW THAT THE NFL PLACED JOHN PARRY AS HEAD OFFICIAL AND THAT HE NEVER OFFICIATED A RAMS GAME IN WHICH THEY LOSS! WHEN PARRY OFFICIALS A RAM GAME THEY ARE 7-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!— gina marie zambanini (@ancona452) January 26, 2019
John Parry will be a referee in SBLIII. He was a ref in Pittsburgh gm. this Season whn @Patriots were flagged 14x's (season high)!? Why wld he even be considered for the job? Unless the 'fix is in', is it? This is bullshite! #PROTEST #Outrageous #BULLCHACHA https://t.co/xpa3SDSHJx— Me (@Art_No_Rules) January 25, 2019
NFL is rigging the SB for the Rams to win, that’s why they put John Parry as head ref— Chris (@xKeLtx26) January 24, 2019
Exactly why I'm not watching the Super Bowl. Goodell has written the outcome of the game. Even made sure the referee, John Parry, favor the Rams. Rams 7-0 when Parry is ref. Patriots 9-5 with same ref, one of those losses is a Super Bowl.— SniperBait (@glennocastillo) January 24, 2019
6. This week's SI Media Podcast features an interview with Steve Carell, who went in-depth on a few episodes of The Office, including "Basketball."
In addition to Carell, Brent Musburger also appears on this week's episode to talk Super Bowl betting, prop bets, the scene in Vegas and much more. You can listen to the podcast below or download it on iTunes.
7. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: For all of you out there dealing with some rough weather, he's a lifehack in case you don't have a snow shovel.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here.And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: Can Pittsburgh TV station KDKA please re-hire the guy they fired over the "Known Cheater" Tom Brady graphic? It's absurd that they cut the guy loose.