MLB rumors: Yankees nearing deal for Todd Frazier, David Robertson
The second half of the MLB season is underway and rumors are already starting to fly about deals that could be made before the non-waiver trade deadline on July 31.
As teams scramble to get a foothold of their positions in their respective divisions, injuries have already derailed some teams potential at a postseason berth.
The first big deal went down on Thursday as the Chicago Cubs got Jose Quintana from the Chicago White Sox for four prospects.
Check out the latest news and rumors from around the league.
Rumors and News
• The Yankees are nearing a trade with the White Sox that would send Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle to New York. (Bruce Levine, WSCR-AM)
• The Yankees have reached out to the Mets about first baseman Lucas Duda and reliever Addison Reed. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• Several teams are expressing interest in Mets reliever Addison Reed. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Blue Jays and Phillies are showing "sincere interest" in Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• The Rockies reached out to the Orioles about starting pitchers Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman as they examine the starting pitching market. (Jeff Passan, Yahoo!)
• The Yankees, Brewers and Rays are among the teams that have inquired about Phillies sidearmer Pat Neshek. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• The Tigers are now willing to include cash in a Justin Verlander trade. The Yankees have not expressed interest yet. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Brewers, Rays and Yankees are among the teams in mix for Phillies pitcher Pat Neshek, but there is no clear leader for his services. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• Yonder Alonso is the subject of ongoing trade discussions between the Yankees and Athletics. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Texas Rangers are searching for left-handed relievers. (T.R. Sullivan. MLB.com)
• The Nationals are interested in Tigers' left-handed pitcher Justin Wilson. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Red Sox are closer to acquiring White Sox third baseman Todd Frazier. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• The Red Sox are scouting Josh Harrison and David Freese of the Pirates, Mets infielders T.J. Rivera and Asdrubal Cabrera and Eduardo Nunez of the Giants in search of third baseman. (Michael Silverman, Boston Herald)
• The Los Angeles Angels, Toronto Blue Jays and Kansas City Royals have discussed Miami Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon as a possible trade target. (Jon Heyman, FanRag Sports)
The Baltimore Orioles are unwilling to entertain offers for third baseman Manny Machado and centerfielder Adam Jones, but pitchers Zach Britton, Brad Brach and Darren O’Day could be on the trading block. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• The San Diego Padres could use pitchers Brandon Maurer, Ryan Buchter and Kirby Yates as possible trade pieces. (AJ Cassavell, MLB.com)
• Boston Red Sox placed pitcher Blaine Boyer on the 10-day disabled list with a right elbow strain.
• Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes is day-to-day with a right knee injury.
• Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Francisco Liriano could miss next turn in rotation after exiting last start on July 15 due to neck stiffness.
• Washington Nationals transferred pitcher Joe Ross from the 10-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
• New York Yankees transferred pitcher Michael Pineda from the 10-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list with a right UCL injury.
• Colorado Rockies placed pitcher Tyler Chatwood on the 10-day disabled list with a right calf strain.