Which contending teams will shake up their roster and make a deal before next Tuesday's trade deadline?
The MLB trade deadline is less than one week away, as the action in the second half of the season continues to heat up.
The race to make moves before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline is on, and teams looking to acquire a big bat or solidify their starting rotation for a playoff run are making calls around the league.
The Orioles have been the most active so far, trading All–Star shortstop Manny Machado to the Dodgers and sending closer Zach Britton to the Yankees for three pitching prospects.
Teams are placing a premium on starting pitching, knowing that a dominant rotation can lead to postseason success.
Here is the latest news and rumors from around the league:
• The Rays have traded pitcher Matt Andriese to the Diamondbacks in exchange for prospects Michael Perez and Brian Shaffer. (Tampa Bay Rays)
• The Blue Jays are getting close to moving southpaw J.A. Happ. Sources say the Yankees are "heavy in the mix" for Happ, while the Brewers are also potentially "still in play" to acquire the pitcher. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Phillies are considering acquiring Orioles center fielder Adam Jones after missing out on Machado and Britton. (Jon Heyman, Fancred Sports)
• Pitcher Nathan Eovaldi has been traded to the Red Sox. The Rays will get pitching prospect Jalen Beeks in return. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Giants are not looking to trade starter Madison Bumgarner but "would not dismiss" trading bullpen pitchers. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• The Pirates are exploring multiple trades, including adding bullpen help. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Padres have checked in on Noah Syndergaard as a possibility in their search for a starter. (Dennis Lin, The Athletic)
• Rays starter Chris Archer has also been a target of the Padres. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic/MLB Network)
• Four teams – the Rockies, Red Sox, Phillies and Braves have engaged the Reds in trade talks regarding relievers, Raisel Iglesias, David Hernandez, Amir Garrett and Jared Hughes. (Jon Paul Morosi, MLB.com)
• The Blue Jays are pushing to trade pitcher J.A Happ, as well as relievers John Axford and Tyler Clippard. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)