Get the latest news, notes and trade rumors from MLB's Hot Stove.
The Winter Meetings are winding down and teams are preparing to offer big paydays for needed replacements and reinforcements ahead of the 2019 season.
Big name free agents such as Bryce Harper and Manny Machado are still on the market and expected to take home some of the largest paychecks in baseball history.
The Mets and Mariners got started on the wheeling and dealing blockbuster deal for Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz, a number of other notable players are hitting the free-agent market earlier than expected.
Last week's big news concerned pitcher Patrick Corbin, who agreed to a six-year deal worth $140 million with the Washington Nationals. The Cardinals also traded for perennial All–Star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt, which should make the NL Central race more interesting.
Here's all of the latest rumors and transactions around baseball:
• The Reds, Mets, Rays, Braves, Dodgers and Padres are still in the running for a possible trade for Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto. No trade is expected to happend Thursday. (Clark Spencer, Miami Herald)
• The Brewers will acquire left-handed reliever Alex Claudio from the Rangers. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Mets have discussed three-team trades for Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto. One proposal tossed around includes sending Realmuto to the Mets, while New York starting pitcher Noah Syndergaard would go to the Padres. Young players would be sent to the Marlins. The trade idea is "not close" but has been "kicked around." (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Mariners acquired first baseman Edwin Encarnacion from the Indians in a three-team trade that included the Rays. Cleveland received first baseman Carlos Santana from the Mariners and first baseman Jake Bauers from the Rays. The Indians sent third baseman Yandy Diaz to Tampa Bay. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• Free-agent reliever Craig Kimbrel is seeking a six-year deal worth more than $100 million. That would be a record for any relief pitcher. (Jayson Stark, The Athletic)
• Reliever Jeurys Familia agreed to a three-year, $30 million deal with Mets. (Jeff Passan, Yahoo! Sports)
• The White Sox are believed to be the front-runner to land Harper. The Phillies, Yankees, Nationals, Cubs and Dodgers have all been linked to the free-agent slugger. (Jim Bowden, CBS Sports Network)
• The Yankees and left-handed starting pitcher J.A. Happ agreed to a two-year deal. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Rays and free-agent pitcher Charlie Morton have agreed to a two-year, $30 million deal. (Jeff Passan, Yahoo Sports)
• The Rangers and free-agent pitcher Lance Lynn have agreed to a three-year, $30 million contract. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Padres are seeking an utility infielder who can play shortstop until top prospect Fernando Tatis Jr. is ready. San Diego has also shown interest in free agent Marwin Gonzalez. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)