Get the latest news from free agency and Bryce Harper's next move.
All eyes were focused on Bryce Harper as spring training gets underway and now we finally know where the star free-agent outfielder will land. Harper reportedly agreed to terms on a 13-year, $330 million megadeal with the Phillies on Thursday.
The other big free agent who signed as of last week after Manny Machado signed with the San Diego Padres for 10 years and $300 million, the largest free-agent contract in MLB history.
With both Harper and Machado off the market, the hot stove is sure to cool down.
Here's the latest news and rumors around baseball:
• It's unlikely the Phillies sign Dallas Keuchel or Craig Kimbrel at this point, unless they want a short-term deal. (Todd Zolecki, MLB.com)
• Kris Bryant has yet to discuss a contract extension with the Cubs, but is open to negotiations. (Mark Gonzales, Chicago Tribune)
• Reliever Bud Norris agreed to a deal with the Blue Jays. (Robert Murray, The Athletic)
• Right-hander Clay Bucholz agreed to a deal with the Blue Jays. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• Cardinals SP Carlos Martinez is expected to miss opening day with a shoulder injury, but hopes to return early in 2019. (Rick Hummel, St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
• Cole Hamels has no plans to retire. The Cubs SP hopes to pitch until he's 45. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• Mets SP Zack Wheeler hasn't discussed a contract extension with the Mets. He will be a free agent after 2019. (John Harprer, SNY)
• The Mariners could move veterans Edwin Encarnacion and Jay Bruce once the season begins. (Larry Stone, Seattle Times)