NBA rumors: Gordon Hayward decides on Boston Celtics
Free agency began at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, ushering in the first day of the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The weekend kicked off with a bang when Paul George was traded to the Thunder and Stephen Curry and Blake Griffin agreed to new max contracts with their respective teams. Gordon Hayward has reportedly agreed to join the Celtics. Stars like Carmelo Anthony could still be on the move through trade.
Don't forget: Free agents can agree to deals but cannot sign contracts until July 6 at 12:01 p.m Eastern, when the NBA's moratorium period ends.
Check out the latest news and rumors from around the league.
• Patrick Patterson agreed to a three-year $16.4 million deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Restricted free agent Otto Porter has reached an agreement with the Brooklyn Nets on a four-year $106 million max deal. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• Derrick Rose will meet with the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Boston Celtics have renounced restricted free agent Kelly Olynyk, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Gordon Hayward agrees to a four-year $128 million deal with the Boston Celtics. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• Omri Casspi has agreed to a one-year deal with the Golden State Warriors. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Minnesota Timberwolves, Atlanta Hawks, Miami Heat and Sacramento Kings all have interest in free agent CJ Miles, who is expected to take visits soon. (Darren Wolfson, 5 Eyewitness News)
• Minnesota Timberwolves first-round pick Justin Patton suffered a fractured fifth metatarsal in his left foot. (Tim Bontemps, The Washington Post)
• The Miami Heat waive Chris Bosh and retire his jersey. (Official)
• Gordon Hayward will leave the Jazz and join the Boston Celtics. (Chris Haynes, ESPN; multiple reports)
• The Sacramento Kings and guard George Hill have agreed to a three-year, $57 million deal. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• Hill’s deal has a partially guaranteed third season. (David Aldridge, TNT)
• The Kings have also agreed to sign forward Zach Randolph to a two-year, $24 million deal. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Clippers, Nuggets and Hawks are working on a sign-and-trade to send Danilo Gallinari to Los Angeles on a three-year, $65 million deal. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The same deal with Gallinari could see veteran guard Jamal Crawford end up with the Hawks, with the team likely wanting a buyout. (Brian Windhorst, ESPN.com)
• Crawford still wants a buyout, but is open to staying in Atlanta and playing there next season. (David Aldridge, TNT)
• Crawford’s preference is to join the Lakers. (Marc Spears, ESPN.com)
• The Warriors could potentially land Crawford or free agent Nick Young. (Chris Haynes and Marc J. Spears, ESPN.com)
• If Crawford is sent to the Hawks via the three-team Gallinari deal, the Cavaliers and Spurs will also have interest. The Hawks would prefer to trade Crawford rather than buy him out. (Chris Haynes, ESPN)
• The Timberwolves are also among the suitors for Nick Young. (David Aldridge, TNT)
• Gordon Hayward has completed his free agent visits with the Jazz, Celtics and Heat and is expected to make a decision soon. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Knicks have reached out to Spurs restricted free agent Jonathon Simmons. (Ian Begley, ESPN.com)
• Free agent guard Mike Scott is finalizing a minimum deal with the Washington Wizards, (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)