The free agency period is only a few days old, and the teams and buzz coming this offseason has been dominated by two teams: The Los Angeles Lakers and the Golden State Warriors.
The Lakers virtually signed anyone that will be a role player next season to one-year deals, with Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee and Kentavious Caldwell–Pope joining the fold to go along with the veteran presence of top free-agent LeBron James.
The Warriors, winners of three of the last four championships, could have stood pat and would still be overwhelming favorites to bring home another Larry O'Brien trophy.
But Golden State replaced its rotation of recent serviceable big men by signing All-Star DeMarcus Cousins to a one-year deal, giving him time to heal from an injured Achilles with hopes he can produce whenever he gets back on the court to make another Finals run.
Players can agree to deals officially, but cannot sign contracts until noon on Friday.
Here are the latest news and rumors from around the league.
• The Suns presented an offer to Devin Booker in Los Angeles on Tuesday. They are working towards finalizing a five-year, $158 million contract extension. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Dwight Howard has finalized his buyout with the Nets. He will join the Wizards with a one-year, $5.3 million deal. (Jeremy Woo, Sports Illustrated; first reported by The Athletic's Jared Weiss)
• Dante Exum agrees to a three-year, $33 million deal to stay with the Jazz. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Guard Raul Neto agreed to a two-year contract extension with the Jazz. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Dwight Howard will sign a one-year deal with the Wizards for the taxpayer mid-level exception after the Nets buyout his contract. (Jared Weiss, The Athletic)
• The 76ers are acquiring Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler, a 2021 second round pick and the rights to swap 2022 second round picks with Denver for minimal cash considerations. (Jake Fischer, Sports Illustrated)
• Restricted free agent Raul Neto will sign a two-year, $4.4 million extension deal with the Jazz. (Shams Charania, Yahoo! Sports)
• Forward Jeff Green has agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million deal with the Washington Wizards. (Shams Charania, Yahoo! Sports)
• Forward Tyreke Evans has agreed to a one-year, $12 million deal with the Indiana Pacers. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving are interested in teaming up somewhere in the East when they are free agents next summer and Butler is tired of the "nonchalant attitude of his younger teammates, specifically Karl-Anthony Towns." (Joe Cowley, Chicago Sun-Times)
• Michael Carter-Williams will sign a one-year deal with the Houston Rockets for the veteran minimum. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Free agent guard Tyreke Evans meeting with the Indiana Pacers. Evans previously had interest from the Lakers. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• The Wizards have contacted unrestricted free agent Jeff Green. (David Aldridge, TNT)
• Avery Bradley has agreed to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers for two-years, $25 million. (Shams Charania, Yahoo! Sports)
• Before DeMarcus Cousins signed with the Warriors, a number of teams had a "No Cousins" policy and were told not to sign him. (ESPN.com)
• The Portland Trail Blazers and guard Seth Curry agreed to a two-year contract. The second year is a player option. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)