Will the Pelicans trade Anthony Davis this summer? Find out the lastest news and rumors around the NBA.
Kevin Durant's future in free agency remains unknown after he announced on Wednesday he had surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles.
While top stars like Durant, Kawhi Leonard and Kyrie Irving will keep the free agent rumor mill buzzing, plenty of speculation is mounting over Anthony Davis's future. The Pelicans are reportedly engaging in trade talks with the Celtics and Lakers over Davis.
Check out the latest news and rumors around the NBA:
• The Pelicans want Kyle Kuzma as part of a trade package with the Lakers for Davis. Los Angeles does not want to trade Kuzma. (Tania Ganguli, Los Angeles Times)
• The Lakers have made Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and the No. 4 pick of the 2019 draft available in talks with the Pelicans. New Orleans hopes to assemble a three-teams-or-more deal more before surrending Davis in a trade. (Marc Stein, New York Times)
• The Celtics and Lakers are engaged in trade talks over Davis, and Boston has been "undeterred" in its pursuit of him. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Kevin Durant views opting in to his Warriors' contract as a "last resort" after suffering an achilles injury on Monday night. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Durant's injury "has done little to cool" his free agency market. (David Aldridge, The Athletic)
• The Pelicans don't find the Knicks' assets "attractive enough" for a potential Anthony Davis trade. (Marc Berman, New York Post)
• The Lakers, Knicks and Mavericks are among the teams interested in signing Kemba Walker. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Lakers are the "leader in the clubhouse" to acquire Anthony Davis in a trade with the Pelicans. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)