The rumor mill continues to heat up as free agency approaches, and prospective deals are beginning to take shape.
The news of the day surrounds the Celtics' potential new point guard Kemba Walker. Michael Jordan and the Hornets appear unwilling to shell out the full $221 million max for Walker, and Boston has now swooped in as the "frontrunner" for the three-time All-Star.
Here is the latest roundup of news and rumors from around the league:
• Thursday, 11:30 p.m. – Kyrie Irving remains as much a target for the Lakers as Kawhi Leonard now that they have the cap space for a max contract. (Marc Stein, New York Times)
• Thursday, 3:00 p.m. – The Lakers and Clippers will meet with Kawhi Leonard when free agency begins on June 30. (Chris Haynes, Yahoo Sports)
• Thursday, 2:20 p.m. – Anthony Davis waived his $4 million trade kicker, creating further cap room in free agency. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Thursday, 2:20 p.m. – The Lakers traded Mo Wagner, Jemmerio Jones and Issac Bonga to the Wizards along with a second-round pick. The deal will create cap space for Los Angeles as they chase free agents. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Thursday, 11:15 a.m. – There are "strong indications" Kawhi Leonard is interested in pairing with Jimmy Butler if he leaves Toronto to sign with the Clippers. (Sam Amick, The Athletic)
• Thursday, 10:51 a.m. – The 76ers would "likely" be willing to facilitate a Jimmy Butler sign-and-trade with the Rockets rather than lose him for nothing in free agency. (Sam Amick, The Athletic)
• Thursday, 8:53 a.m. – The Celtics are favored to land Hornets point guard Kemba Walker in free agency. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Wednesday, 10:45 p.m. – The Knicks are considering extending a one-year offer to DeMarcus Cousins if they miss out on Kevin Durant in free agency. (Marc Stein, New York Times)
• Wednesday, 10:43 p.m. – New York Knicks guard Emmanuel Mudiay will become an unrestricted free agent after the team didn't extend him a qualifying offer. (Chris Haynes, Yahoo! Sports)
• Wednesday, 8:40 p.m. – The Lakers have 'serious interest' in bringing back D'Angelo Russell and have set up a meeting with the All-Star point guard. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. – Mavericks center Kristaps Porzingis will meet with team at the beginning of free agency as both sides work toward a five-year, $158 million maximum contract. (Shams Charania, The Athletic)
• Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. – The agent of Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors said he would enter the free-agency period taking calls from interested teams as if he will be an unrestricted free agent. (Shams Charania, The Athletic)