The Raptors and Lakers were reportedly the two finalists for free-agent center Marc Gasol, but it appears as though the defending champions will have Gasol on their roster in 2020-21.
Gasol is joining the Lakers on a two-year deal, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe. The terms of the deal have yet to be announced.
Gasol, 35, has spent the last season and a half with the Raptors after coming to Toronto in 2018-19 after a midseason trade from Memphis.
The Spanish center averaged 26.4 minutes and 7.5 points per game in 2019-20. He previously spent 10 full seasons with the Grizzlies, making three All-Star teams.
Check out the latest news and notes from around the NBA:
- Atlanta is submitting an offer sheet on Bogdan Bogdanovic. (Sam Amick, The Athletic)
- Free-agent guard Bryn Forbes has agreed to a two-year deal with the Milwaukee Bucks. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
- Free-agent Harry Giles has agreed to a one-year deal with the Portland Trail Blazers. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
- Free-agent forward Markieff Morris is interested in re-signing with the Lakers. (Broderick Turner, Los Angeles Times)
- Free-agent JaKarr Sampson has agreed to a one-year, fully guaranteed minimum contract to return to the Pacers. (Shams Charania, The Athletic)
- Undrafted rookie Ty-Shon Alexander is joining the Phoenix Suns. (Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic)
- Free-agent center Moses Brown has agreed to a two-way deal with the Thunder. (Adam Zagoria)
- The Timberwolves are trading Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans and a future second-round pick to the Knicks in exchange for Ed Davis. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)