The Lakers announced that LeBron James would miss Tuesday's game against Sacramento after entering the NBA's health and safety protocols.
It is not known at this moment whether James tested positive, was a false positive or identified as a close contact. Per Charania, the forward will be sidelined for at least 10 days unless he returns two negative COVID-19 tests within a 24-hour period.
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that James is expected to miss multiple games. So far this season, the forward has averaged 25.8 points, 5.2 total rebounds and 6.8 assists.
Tuesday's game is slated to start at 10 p.m. ET.
More NBA Coverage:
- Enes Kanter Freedom Says He Wants to 'Educate' LeBron James on China
- The Suns Have Won 16 in a Row, It's Been Spectacular
- Magic's Suggs Out for 'Extended Period' With Fractured Thumb
- Who is to Blame for Lakers' Struggles?
- All Lakers: Los Angeles Has Chance to Go On Hot Streak Over Next Two Weeks
For more Los Angeles Lakers coverage, head over to All Lakers.