Get the latest news, updates and rumors from around the NFL as training camp goes on.
Training camps are well underway and as Thursday's preseason games approach, don't expect most of the league's starters to play extended snaps.
That leaves an opportunity for players to earn roster spots and impress coaches while filling in for those who are injured or sitting out the preseason.
Stay up to date with the latest rumors and news around the league.
News and Rumors
• 49ers first-round pick defensive end Nick Bosa was diagnosed with an ankle sprain. The team will be cautious with Bosa and he will not play in the preseason. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
• Raiders guard Gabe Jackson was carted off at Raiders' practice. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
• The Texans acquired RB Duke Johnson from the Browns for a conditional fourth-round pick. The pick will become a third rounder if Johnson is active for 10 games. (Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
• The Chiefs agreed to a one-year deal with CB Morris Claiborne. (Terez A. Paylor, Yahoo Sports)
• Texans backup quarterback A.J. McCarron injured his thumb during a joint practice with the Packers and could miss the preseason. (John McClain, Houston Chronicle)
• Frank Gore to get first-team carries at running back in the Buffalo Bills preseason opener against the Indianapolis. LeSean McCoy unlikely to play but expected to start the next preseason game against the Carolina Panthers. (Buffalo News)
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Vita Vea will undergo an MRI on Friday after leaving practice Tuesday with a knee injury.
• Seattle Seahawks tight end Ed Dickson undergoes knee surgery and is expected to miss the preseason.
• The Dallas Cowboys are donating $50,000 to the victims in the deadly El Paso shooting. (Team annoucement)
• Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown's foot problem might be contributed to frostbite from using a cryotherapy machine. (Pro Football Talk)