For the first time since 2019, the Texans will pick in the first round, owning pick No. 3 overall in the 2022 NFL draft. Additionally, the Deshaun Watson trade netted Houston multiple first round picks, including pick No. 13 heading into Thursday's draft.
Last year, despite a limited number of premium draft picks, Houston made the most out of their picks, as all five of their picks played in at least nine games.
However, in the first round, Philadelphia made a trade with Houston. The Eagles sent the Texans their No. 15, No. 124, No. 162 and No. 166 picks. In return, Philadelphia acquired Houston's No. 13 pick.
The Texans will enter 2022 with their third coach in three years, as Lovie Smith takes over after being the defensive coordinator last year.
Here is how the Texans draft looks so far (to be updated during the NFL draft):
- Round 1, Pick 3: Derek Stingley Jr, CB, LSU
- Round 1, Pick 15 (from Dolphins via Eagles): Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M
- Round 2, Pick 37: Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
- Round 2, Pick 44 (from Browns): John Metchie III, WR, Alabama
- Round 3, Pick 75 (from Broncos): Christian Harris, LB, Alabama
- Round 4, Pick 107 (from Lions via Browns): Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida
- Round 5, Pick 150 (from Bears): Thomas Booker, DL, Stanford
- Round 5, Pick 170 (from Buccaneers via Patriots): Teagan Quitoriano, TE, Oregon State
- Round 6, Pick 205 (from Packers): Austin Deculus, OL, LSU
The 2022 NFL draft begins with the first round on Thursday, April 28 at 8 p.m. ET. The second and third rounds take place on Friday, beginning at 7 p.m. Rounds four through seven take place on Saturday, beginning at noon.
More NFL Coverage:
- Mailbag: Where Will the NFL Draft’s Top Tackles Land?
- Garrett Wilson Believes He’s the Most Versatile WR in the NFL Draft
- Sauce Gardner Doesn’t Believe Even Tom Brady Could Snap His No Touchdown Streak
- Texans Daily: Will Texans Draft Injury-Prone 'Risk vs. Reward' Prospects?
For more Houston Texans coverage, go to Texans Daily.