Central Arkansas romped to a 30-0 win over Grambling State in Southland Conference play on Tuesday at Bear Stadium in Conway, Ark.
• Central Arkansas scored at least one run in every inning. They scored six (or more) in three different frames.
• Grambling State's eight pitchers allowed 27 hits. Yet they also walked 12 and hit four batsmen. Only 17 of the 30 runs allowed were earned.
• Central Arkansas sent 72 men to the plate over eight innings (53 at-bats, 12 walks, four hit batsmen and three sac flies). That's an average of nine per inning.
• Central Arkansas' seven pitchers combined on a seven-hitter and issued no walks.
• Have a game, Michael Marietta! The catcher went 7-for-7 and tied a school record with three home runs, adding three doubles and knocking in 11 runs total. In all: 20 total bases.
When it rains it pours for Grambling State, whose men's hoops team lay claim for worst in Division I history earlier this year after finishing 0-28. But the Tigers' baseball team fell to 13-18 with Tuesday's loss, proving they're substandard but hardly hapless.