Name: Lacee LandersSchool: University of MiamiBirth Date: October 7, 1986Hometown: Cedar Rapids, Ind.Year: SeniorMajor: Accounting, with a minor in business law
Click here to see photos of Lacee in action.
1. I love Miami, but I almost went to:The University of Florida. We have a meeting in the Swamp on September 6th. Go Canes!
2. My favorite class is:BSL 301: Commercial Paper and Creditors Rights. You'd just have to be there [to understand].
3. Movies I can't live without:Crash, Coming to America and Syriana.
4. Music I can't live without:Kirk Franklin, OutKast, Lauren Hill, Erykah Badu, Lil Wayne and Miami Music.
5. TV shows I can't live without:Pardon the Interruption and SportsCenter.
6. The most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me during a game is:It was the last game in the Orange Bowl and I was so focused on encouraging one of my teammates during her standing tuck that I forgot to use my sign in our pre-game performance. It's pretty embarrassing when you're the "M" in M-I-A-M-I! "Go iami"?
7. My favorite sport is:All 'Canes sports. I especially enjoy cheerleading and football.
8. My favorite professional sports teams are:I'm a huge college sports fan but I try and keep up with the Miami teams, the Heat and the Dolphins.
9. My one guilty pleasure is:MAC cosmetics.
10. My best physical feature is:My big green eyes, they used to embarrass me as a kid but I've finally grown to love them.
11. A strange and unusual fact about me is:The very first college football game I ever attended was the first one I cheered in for UM. It was against Clemson at Death Valley and we won in triple over time.
12. My friends would be surprised to know that I:Used to be a band geek! I played the flute all three years of middle school.
13. My favorite foods are:Organic peanut butter (a jar will last me about 3 days). I also love tuna fish, avocados and hummus.
14. Five people I'd like to have dinner with (living or dead):My Mother (I don't see her nearly enough), Jesus Christ (I don't know if one dinner could answer all my questions), Dikembe Mutombo (he is to date the most generous athlete in the world and any person with such a giving heart is one I would love to learn from), Randy Shannon (our head football coach...he's so elusive!) and Tim Tebow (I'd like to see if he is really as nice as the media portrays him to be).
15. Three People who annoy me:I'm not easily annoyed but any three FSU fans would probably fit the bill. Also, Renegade the FSU horse. I know he's not a "person" but he still annoys me.
16. The next risk I want to take is:Taking my LSAT in June and applying to law school.
17. If my life had a theme song, it would be:Bob Marley's Three Little Birds. "Every little thing is gonna be all right!"
18. The reality show I'd do best on is:Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I wouldn't want to win a home makeover, but I would love the opportunity to help the families that appear on the show.
19. If I won the lottery, the first thing I'd buy would be:I'd buy my mom a fabulous house and then pay off my student loans. The rest would be saved up to pay for law school.
20. The worst date I ever went on was:I haven't had any horrible dates yet, but if you do plan on taking me out I love sporting events!
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.