Monday January 18th, 2016

Pittsburgh Steelers linebackers James Harrison is uncertain about his future in the NFL despite the fact that he has one year left on his contract, reports Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“It’s a little tougher for me because I’m in a situation where I’m a little uncertain about what I’m going to do,” Harrison said after the Steelers 23–16 loss to the Broncos on Sunday. “I can’t say that [was my final game] right now, I wouldn’t be comfortable saying that.”

Harrison, who turns 38 in May, said he questions his ability to return to the field.

“Me wanting to come back and me coming back are two different things,” he said.

BASKIN: Edelman’s back, and so are Patriots’ chances at winning Super Bowl

Harrison had 40 combined tackles, two forced fumbles and one interception for the Steelers this season. He recorded the only sack on Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning during Sunday’s game, bringing his total sacks for the season to five.

Harrison previously retired in 2013 after a season with the Cincinnati Bengals, but returned to the Steelers after the team was hit with a series of injuries.

- Xandria James

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.