By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The first wave of NFL free agency is over as we’re one week into the new league year, but plenty of top talent remains on the open market. Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is the biggest name still available, and the New York Jets, Denver Broncos and Los Angeles Rams are pursuing him.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The New England Patriots traded defensive end Chandler Jones to the Arizona Cardinals for guard Jonathan Cooper and a second-round pick, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said his right hand is “perfectly fine” and that he won’t wear a club on it next year, reports ESPN’s Dan Graziano. Pierre-Paul lost a finger and severely damaged several others during a fireworks accident last July.
• The Washington Redskins have re-signed linebacker Junior Galette to a one-year deal, reports ESPN’s John Keim.
• Wide receiver Mike Wallace signed a two-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens, reports Schefter.
• The Oakland Raiders re-signed left tackle Donald Penn, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• The Cleveland Browns signed linebacker Demario Davis to a two-year, $8 million deal, reports ESPN.