NFL rumors: Latest news from the off-season on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NFL free agency has started to die down as teams turn their attention to next month's draft, but there are still a few impact players left on the market. The biggest news from Thursday came from the Cleveland Browns, who signed quarterback Robert Griffin III to a two-year, $15 million deal.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos were also interested in signing Griffin, but decided to pass on him due to “character concerns,” reports Mike Klis of 9 News.
• The Browns have put quarterback Josh McCown on the trade block after acquiring RG3, reports NFL.com’s Dan Hanzus.
• Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey is in the “evaluation process” about a possible comeback, head coach Jeff Fisher told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Bailey was shot twice in the head in a drive-by shooting four months ago.
• The Browns and Jets are no longer pursuing a trade for 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, leaving the Broncos as the only team reportedly interested in acquiring him, reports Hanzus.
• Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch has yet to file his retirement papers, meaning the team might have to cut him, reports the Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta. Lynch will count $11.5 million against the cap this season if he remains on the roster.
• The New England Patriots have signed wide receiver Nate Washington, reports ESPN’s Field Yates.
• Wide receiver Leonard Hankerson has signed a one-year deal with the Buffalo Bills, reports the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.