By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NFL teams have turned their attention to the draft, which starts two weeks from today. The Los Angeles Rams pulled off a blockbuster trade on Thursday morning, acquiring the No. 1 overall pick in the draft in a trade from the Tennessee Titans. It’s the first time the top pick has been traded since 2004.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Rams are targeting quarterback Carson Wentz with the No. 1 pick, reports the Los Angeles Times’ Sam Farmer.
• The Philadelphia Eagles also had discussions with the Titans about trading for the No. 1 pick, reports NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
• Defensive lineman Dominique Easley has been released by the New England Patriots, the team announced.
• Johnny Manziel was a passenger in a vehicle involved in an alleged hit and run on Wednesday night, reports TMZ.
• The NFL will release the 2016 schedule on Thursday night, reports NFL.com.