By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season comes to an end this week with the opening of training camps. In addition to anticipation for training camp, there is still plenty of other chatter around the league, including conversation about the several players who are still looking to sign contract extensions before the start of the regular season.
The biggest news of the day comes from the league office, as an investigation led by the league has negated Peyton Manning’s alleged HGH use.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The New York Jets have given quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick “multiple contract offers to choose from,” reports Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
• Veteran wide receiver Greg Jennings announced his retirement on YouTube.
• Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell posted on Instagram that he will not be missing any games this season. Bell is facing a four-game suspension for skipping multiple drug tests.
• Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett will meet with the team this week to discuss a new contract, reports ESPN’s Josina Anderson.
• The NFL will investigate whether Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith has violated the league’s substance abuse policy again. The investigation comes after he posted a video on Periscope talking about a hand-rolled cigarette, reports Ed Werder of ESPN. Smith is currently serving a year-long suspension for violating the policy.
• Buffalo Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore will report to training camp after threatening to hold out for a new contract, according to Anderson.
• Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle Phil Loadholt is also expected to retire, reports Adam Caplan and Adam Schefter of ESPN.
• The Seahawks announced they have signed general manager John Schneider to a contract extension.