By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We are halfway through the NFL preseason, and teams are now preparing for their "dress rehearsal" Week 3 games. Action gets started on Thursday, with the Atlanta Falcons facing the Miami Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks hosting the Dallas Cowboys.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New England Patriots running back Dion Lewis will undergo "cleanup" knee surgery that will keep him out indefinitely, reports ESPN's Mike Reiss. Lewis sustained a torn ACL in November.
• Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said injured defensive end J.J. Watt should return from back surgery "sooner rather than later," reports Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
• Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon practiced with the first-team offense for the first time on Sunday, reports ESPN's Pat McManamon.
• Baltimore Ravens defensive end Elvis Dumervil has returned to practice after undergoing off-season foot surgery, reports Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
• Free-agent defensive lineman Henry Melton announced on Instagram that he has signed with the Denver Broncos.
• The Philadelphia Eagles have signed linebacker Stephen Tulloch to a one-year, $3 million deal, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• The NFL has removed the "probable" category from injury reports, according to ESPN's Kevin Seifert.