NFL Week 3 actives/inactives: Giants RB Rashad Jennings a surprise scratch
One player on the inactive list this Sunday is a bit of a surprise.
Among the players out with injuries this week is Giants running back Rashad Jennings, who will be kept out with a left thumb injury. Head coach Ben McAdoo said Friday that he was comfortable with letting Jennings only carry the ball in his right hand.
Jennings’s absence means Shane Vereen and Orleans Darkwa will have bigger roles.
A full list of notable active and inactive players is below.
• RB Rashad Jennings, Giants — Inactive
• TE Delanie Walker, Titans — Inactive
• WR Sammy Watkins, Bills — Inactive
• WR Kendall Wright, Titans — Inactive
• CB Sam Shields, Packers — Inactive
• CB Prince Amukumara, Jaguars — Inactive
• WR Brandon Marshall, Jets — Active