NFL rumors: Week 5 news on injuries, suspensions, more
With just one game left on the slate in Week 5, there's only one undefeated team left in the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings are the last team remaining, thanks to the Denver Broncos and Philadelphia Eagles losing Sunday. The Cam Newton-less Carolina Panthers host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Monday night game.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Following their loss to the Washington Redskins, the Baltimore Ravens are making a change at offensive coordinator. The team announced that Marc Trestman has been fired, with Marty Mornhinweg replacing him.
• Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak was taken to the hospital following Sunday's game with flu-like symptoms. The team said Kubiak's hospital trip was just a precaution, with Kubiak staying overnight.
• Because of the concussion he suffered last week, Cam Newton's inner circle is asking him to play safer ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Newton said he'd try to protect himself better, per Schefter.
• Jerry Jones told reports that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo would have an MRI Monday and that good news is expected. Jones also said that Romo would be the starting quarterback when he returns.
• The Cleveland Browns lost another quarterback Sunday, as Cody Kessler left the game with a rib and shoulder injury. The severity of the injury is unclear, although the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports x-rays were negative.
• Baltimore Ravens WR Steve Smith injured his ankle and didn't return to the game. ProFootballTalk reports Smith isn't expected to miss any time.