NFL rumors: Week 14 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Perhaps the biggest game of the NFL season is Thursday night, as the Kansas City Chiefs will host the Oakland Raiders with first place in the AFC West on the line. Elsewhere, teams around the league are putting their final preparations together for their games this weekend.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The domestic violence investigation into Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is still "active and ongoing," reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• The Cleveland Browns announced that quarterback Robert Griffin III will be the starter on Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals.
• Atlanta Falcons cornerback Robert Alford has signed a four-year, $38 million extension with the team, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• Denver Broncos running back Justin Forsett will split snaps with rookie running back Devontae Booker, reports Cameron Wolfe of the Denver Post. The Broncos claimed Forsett off waivers this week.
• Chiefs wide receiver Jeremy Maclin will play Thursday against the Raiders, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. He has missed the last four games with a groin injury.
• Washington Redskins rookie wide receiver Josh Doctson will not play for the remainder of the season as he continues to recover from an Achilles injury, the team announced.
• The San Diego Chargers are talking with representatives from the L.A. Coliseum about potentially relocating to Los Angeles and playing there next season, reports Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today.