NFL rumors: Week 15 news on injuries, suspensions, coaching vacancies and more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 15 of the NFL season kicks off on Thursday night, with the Seattle Seahawks playing host to the Los Angeles Rams. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is not excited to play in the game, calling Thursday Night Football a "poopfest."
The game will also be the Rams' first under interim head coach John Fassel, who has taken over after Jeff Fisher was fired.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Rams reportedly planned to pursue Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll to fill their coaching vacancy, but Carroll has completely ruled out taking the job, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• Michigan's Jim Harbaugh also denied interest in the Rams job, telling his players that the rumors linking him to L.A. are "lies made up by our enemies," reports ESPN's Dan Murphy.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to fire head coach Gus Bradley at the end of the season, and have New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as a candidate to replace him, reports Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times.
• Dallas Cowboys running back Darren McFadden has been moved to the active roster, the team announced. McFadden has not played this season due to a broken elbow.
• Baltimore Ravens kick returner Devin Hester has been released, the team announced.
• The Miami Dolphins will not activate defensive end Dion Jordan from the NFI list, officially ending his season, reports Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. The former No. 3 overall pick in the NFL draft was suspended for the entire 2015 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
• The Cincinnati Bengals announced they have released kicker Mike Nugent and signed kicker Randy Bullock to replace him.