By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
The NHL season is back in full swing after last week’s All-Star break, and front offices around the league are beginning to kick things into high gear with just 25 days to go until the trade deadline.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Carolina Hurricanes could shop defenseman John Michael-Liles before the deadline, reports Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer.
• The Montreal Canadiens are unlikely to make any short-term trades for a goalie until they have a clearer picture on Carey Price’s injury status, reports Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet.
• Arizona Coyotes general manager Don Maloney says the team is exploring options for adding blueline help prior to the deadline, reports Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic.
• Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman is now looking for high-end prospects for left winger Jonathan Drouin instead of roster players, The Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch reports.
• Nashville Predators general manager David Poile is noncommittal about potential roster moves before the trade deadline, he said in an interview with Nashville's 102.5 The Game.