By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs are less than one month away. The Philadelphia Flyers moved within one point of a wild-card spot with a 4–1 win over the New York Islanders on Monday. The Dallas Stars will look to maintain the top spot in the Western Conference when they face the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford may return Tuesday against the Stars, reports the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Potash. He has missed the last three games with an upper-body injury.
• Anaheim Ducks forward David Perron is considered “week-to-week” with a shoulder injury, the team announced.
• Winnipeg Jets forward Mathieu Perreault is out indefinitely with a concussion, the team announced.
• The Boston Bruins are expected to let defenseman Kevan Miller walk as an unrestricted free agent this off-season, reports The Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa.
• Flyers forward Chris VandeVelde will return to the lineup Tuesday night after serving a two-game suspension, reports CSN Philadelphia’s Ian Wenik.
• The NHL announced that Pittsburgh Penguins forward Sidney Crosby, Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick and Calgary Flames center Sean Monahan have been named the three stars of the week.
• The Buffalo Sabres have signed Minnesota Golden Gophers forward Hudson Fasching to an entry-level contract and expect him to make his season debut on Saturday, reports The Buffalo News’ John Vogl.