By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs continues tonight, with four games and the potential for three teams to advance to the next round. The Washington Capitals, Dallas Stars and San Jose Sharks can all advance to the second round with wins.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Stars won’t have forward Tyler Seguin Friday against the Wild. The Stars announced that Seguin will miss Game 5 as he rehabs his Achilles injury.
• The New York Islanders will likely be without rookie defenseman Ryan Pulock for the rest of the series, reports Newsday. Pulock had three points in the past two games, but is battling an upper-body injury.
• Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Laughton is out of the hospital, the Flyers announced. However, he will not travel with the team for Game 5.
• Forward Vincent Trocheck could return soon for the Florida Panthers. George Richards of the Miami Herald reports Trocheck participated in the team’s morning skate, although he predicts Trocheck won’t return for Game 5.
• The Minnesota Wild won’t be firing general manager Chuck Fletcher. Owner Craig Leipold told the Star Tribune “there is absolutely no way Chuck is not going to be here next year.”
• After the Detroit Red Wings were eliminated from playoff contention Thursday night, forward Pavel Datsyuk told the Detroit Free Press he needs some time to think about his future. He has a year left on his contract, but has said he wants to return to Russia.