By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs concludes Wednesday night with the Anaheim Ducks hosting the Nashville Predators in Game 7. The second round also gets underway on Wednesday with the Tampa Bay Lightning hosting the New York Islanders.
Check out all the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Lightning forward Steven Stamkos returned to practice just three weeks after undergoing vascular surgery, which was supposed to keep him out 1–3 months, reports The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson. The team has not released an updated timeline for his return.
• The NHL announced it has suspended Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn for the first three games of next season for charging Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
• Forward R.J. Umberger told CSNPhilly.com’s Jordan Hall that he expects the Flyers to buy out his contract.
• Capitals forward Brooks Orpik returned to practice after missing the last three games with a concussion. His status for his team’s series against the Pittsburgh Penguins is uncertain, reports the Associated Press.
• Forward Markus Granlund has signed a two-year extension with the Vancouver Canucks, the team announced.
• The Penguins have signed Swedish defenseman Lukas Bengtsson to a two-year deal, reports ESPN’s Craig Custance.
• The Arizona Coyotes are not expected to name a general manager this week, reports TSN’s Bob McKenzie.