Qualifying for the Indianapolis 500 was delayed on Sunday after Ed Carpenter crashed during practice.
According to USA Today, Carpenter was unhurt in the crash.
The schedule for qualifying was delayed from a start time of 10 a.m. ET to 3:15 p.m. ET.
In addition, Mark Miles, the CEO of Hulman & Company, the parent company of IndyCar, announced a precautionary measure for IndyCar and said points will not be awarded for Sunday's qualifications.
"This morning we saw a third car get into the wall, turn backward and lift into the air. We've said all along we want to go faster, but we want to do so safely," said Miles.
"As a precautionary measure, IndyCar will require that the cars qualify today in the same aero setup that they will run in the Indianapolis 500 next weekend. Also, for today, boost levels will return to race conditions. Given these changes, we have elected to not award points for today's qualifications."
Carpenter's crash came on the heels of two others last week. On Wednesday, Helio Castroneves was involved in a scary crash and on Thursday, Josef Newgarden's car flipped after he lost control and hit a wall.
This year's Indy 500 will be held on May 24.
- Molly Geary