Will Yoder
Tuesday February 28th, 2012

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says that there is no chance that the team will buyout Lamar Odom’s contract, according to ESPN Dallas.

"We haven't discussed a buyout and we wouldn't do a buyout. No chance that happens at all,” Cuban told ESPN Dallas in an email Monday. “We want to help Lamar work through any personal issues and expect him to be a valuable contributor to the Mavs this season. Players go through challenges from time to time and we try to be (an) organization that fully supports our players when things are challenging for them. We will do the same for Lamar."

Odom, 32, left the team last week to attend to his ailing father in Los Angeles. He is not expected to return for the Mavericks game tonight against the New Jersey Nets. The former Lakers' star has struggled in his first season with Dallas. In 32 games he is averaging career low averages in minutes (21.4), points (7.7), rebounds (4.5), field goal percentage (.357) and assists (1.7). Odom was dealt to the Mavericks after he requested a trade just several days prior to the 2011-12 season. The versatile forward was upset that he was part of the nixed trade that would have sent Chris Paul to the Lakers.

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.