Timothy Bradley said he received death threats after beating Manny Pacquiao last year. (John Gurzinski /Getty Images)
WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley said Tuesday he received multiple death threats after beating Manny Pacquiao in a 12-round split decision last June.
Bradley snatched the belt from Pacquiao when two judges scored the bout 115–113 for Bradley and the other had the fight 115–113 in favor of Pacquiao.
"I didn't get any credit after the Pacquiao fight whatsoever,'' Bradley said, via USA Today. "People talked about me and my style, how boring (it is). Some people talked about my wife, talked about my kids. I've had some people send me death threats because I won. I had a lot of people say I should give the belt back.''
Bradley said he did not report the threats to authorities.
Bradley (29-0, 12 KOs) will defend his 147-pound title March 16 against Ruslan Provodnikov (22-1, 15 KOs) of Siberia. The bout is scheduled for 12 rounds and will be televised by HBO from The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.