Celtics guard Terrence Williams spoke with reporters Saturday for the first time since being arrested earlier this week, after the mother of his 10-year-old son said Williams threatened her with a gun.
Williams told reporters, "We all know there's two sides to every story," according to the Boston Globe.
The guard said he took issue with how the media presented his side of the story. From the Globe:
“Very frustrating, because I was there, I know what happened, and I know what didn’t happen,” he said. “To anybody reading, and everybody that’s writing these stories, it makes me out to be this bandit, whatever that guy’s name is in Public Enemy No. 1, a long time ago, John Dillinger. It made me be like I was him. It’s very frustrating, because I know what happened, and what didn't happen. All you can do is pray and move forward, that’s what I’ve been doing my whole life [anytime] something happens.”
Williams is being investigated for second-degree domestic assault, but prosecutors have delayed bringing charges against him as they continue to investigate the incident. If convicted, Williams would face possible jail time and suspension from the NBA. After spending on night in jail in Kent, Williams posted the $25,000 bail. He said it felt good to be back in a Celtics uniform after the red jumpsuit, and spoke with Celtics management about being a part of the team moving forward.