Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin declines comment on bullying case
Martin met with lawyer Ted Wells at his Manhattan office building Friday for more than seven hours as the NFL's appointed investigator continues to dig into the bullying scandal.
"I do not intend to discuss this matter publicly at this time. ... This is the right way to handle this matter," Martin said after the meeting, according to FoxSports.com's Mike Garafolo.
Martin, 24, left the Dolphins last month because of "harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing," his lawyer said David Cornwell said.
He alleges that he was harassed by teammates, including guard Richie Incognito. The team suspended Incognito indefinitely for detrimental conduct. Incognito filed a grievance yesterday against the team over his suspension and has said his conduct was part of the normal locker room environment.